The Academic Resource Center (ARC) at MSPP
The ARC is available to assist:
- Students with documented disabilities, and
- Students whose first language is other than English.
Formal documentation for a disability may be submitted to the Coordinator of the ARC. A letter for reasonable accommodations at MSPP will be based on the requested services and the specific needs of that student as indicated by the documentation received.
What is a "Reasonable Accommodation"?
- A reasonable accommodation may provide extended time on a test or a distraction-free environment for a student
- It does NOT require a program to alter curricula in order to meet academic needs.
Students May Request Assistance from the ARC for the following:
- Editing documents for language use, missing words, misused prepositions, missed punctuation, inconsistencies in tense, sentence fragments, etc.
- Acquiring a professional voice in graduate level writing (e.g., using an "active", professional voice; avoiding excessive word usage and casual language)
- Mastering study and preparation methods (e.g., note-taking, organizing thoughts)
- Gaining an awareness of executive functioning skills as they impact the ability to successfully meet imposed expectations in graduate studies.