Financial Planning for New Families
Now that you're a parent, you have so many new responsibilities. Since some are indeed immediate and pressing, you can easily overlook or put off one of the most important: creating or updating a financial plan for your family.
My name is Sam Lookner. As well as being a professional financial advisor, I’m a parent myself – of three young children. I have been helping Freedman Center families and others for many years to evaluate their new situations.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Budgeting: examine your current cash flow and your ability to save money in the right places - based on your financial goals;
- Estate Planning: establish a proper estate plan, including guardianship for your child(en);
- Planning Funding for a Child's Education: set up an education savings account for your child(ren) to pay for future costs;
- Protection Planning: assess your changed life insurance needs;
- Income Tax Planning: learn how parenthood impacts income tax factors and strategies;
- Retirement Planning: save today for your retirement years.
Note: If you want help with any of the above, I’d be pleased to schedule a complimentary private session – at your convenience – to get to know one another and discuss how we might work together to guarantee your family’s financial well-being.
Samuel C. Lookner, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®, MBA Financial Advisor Ameriprise Financial
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
One Washington Street | Suite 308 | Wellesley, MA 02481
Office: 781.237.0200| Fax: 781.237.0333
Learn more about me at: