GLOBAL MENTAL HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP
MSPP will award a number of Global Mental Health Scholarships to deserving students who exhibit a strong dedication and commitment to the delivery of human services to populations affected by torture, trauma, war, ethnic oppression, natural disasters and violence around the globe. The award will vary based on student need and qualified candidates.
Applicants are accepted from students planning to enroll in the MA in Counseling Psychology and Global Mental Health Program. You must be enrolled full-time (as defined by your program) to be considered for institutional assistance.
Awards are renewable annually, subject to continued satisfactory academic progress and fulfillment of Global Mental Health Scholar responsibilities (described below), and evidence of financial need as determined by the results of the FAFSA.
A Global Mental Health Scholar Award selection committee will include: Global Mental Health/Counseling faculty, staff, and a student representative.
- Interest in participation in Global Mental Health
- Clear interest and commitment to work in the area of Global Mental Health
- Good academic standing
Group decision should be made by committee shortly after completion of all admission interviews and before admissions' offers are made.
Global Mental Health Scholar Responsibilities
- Maintain good academic standing
- Full participation in Global Mental Health activities including:
- Represent MSPP at health fairs, community events, among others
- Representation at MSPP fundraisers (e.g., Gala)
- Open house participation
- Web content contributions
- Posters to be used at events
- Translation support
- Mentoring of other Global Mental Health students
- Contact for prospective students
- General projects/assignments as they come up
- Conference presentations/poster presentations
- Conversation group support
- Disseminate/post news about Global Mental Health issues via email and bulletin board to the MSPP community.