Request Info | Login | Site Index | Jobs | Search | Help
View site in Spanish using Google Translator

Degree Requirements

School Psychology (MA/CAGS) Program

Degree Requirements

Students who enter the program with a four-year college degree first earn a Master of Arts (MA) in Professional Psychology after earning 30 or more credits.  They continue on to earn a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in School Psychology.  The CAGS is equivalent to what is called a specialist certificate in many states.   The specialist level is the entry level for the profession, and qualifies the recipient for certification in Massachusetts and other states.  Requirements for a specialist level program in school psychology exceed that of the usual master’s program, which typically consists of 30-60 credits earned over a period of 1-2 years.

Updated 10/1/07

Follow us on Blogs facebook twitter you tube